Benefits of the Protekal diet for diabetics
What can patients treated in the Protekal diet program achieve in a short period of time?
● Improvement of insulin and control of blood glucose
● Maintenance of glycolic haemoglobin (Hba1C) in referent values for a longer time
● Elimination of oral antidiabetic medication at the beginning of the program
● A gradual decrease of insulin dosages
The Protekal diet for type 2 diabetes
A patient can enter the Protekal diet program and have professional supervision. After all the necessary analyses have been completed, the doctor prescribes individual diet program and therapy, including insulin reduction for each patient.
The patient comes for regular checkups every two weeks, so that the physician can monitor his/her state of health.
Protekal sweets for diabetics
For every person who suffers from type 2 diabetes and has sugar cravings, the Protekal Polyclinic offers a wide variety of Protekal sweets, which do not contain sugar and cannot harm the patient, yet can satisfy his cravings.
Do diabetics need physical activity?
In patients with type 2 diabetes, physical activity may improve insulin sensitivity and assist in diminishing elevated blood glucose levels into the normal range. In order to achieve this, diabetic patients need to:
• Change bad lifestyle habits
• Go through the Protekal diet under doctor’s supervision
• Continue with healthy lifestyle and well balanced diet after completion of the program
• Be physically active
Aerobic exercises (walking, riding a bicycle, swimming) improve cell sensitivity to insulin.
Type 2 diabetes can be kept under control long-term if patients follow doctor’s recommendations mentioned above.